Friday, April 30, 2010

2 Beds done - so much more to go

What’s going on around here?
Thursday: has been my ‘day of rest’ for some time. The normal goal for the day is to rest and knit in that order. This Thursday I opened my eyes a few times but when I knew I was awake and looked at the clock it was exactly 10AM. I know I was asleep by 9:30 PM so that was a really good rest. I got up, refreshed all my cut flower bouquets, and took a shower, changed out the part of the ostomy system that is glued to me. It was the very first time to do it all by myself and it is awkward and the whole mess is really sticky (which it should be) because I don’t want any leaks but I did it and all is well. I went to my Grandma Knitting Group at lunch and left there to go into Seattle to my LYS – local yarn shop to meet friends and knit the afternoon away. It was so nice to be greeted with hugs and smiles and good will wishes everywhere I went. It made me feel special and right now I am just soaking that up.
Friday: I am in a Book Club Group that meets once a month, usually we meet at my house because I am centrally located for all the women in the group. We usually read one half of a book a month and we take turns choosing books. This month we discussed the first half of Sarah Palin’s ‘Going Rogue, and American Life.’ I choose the book before this and it as Malcolm Gladwell’s Tipping Point. Other books we have read in the last few months were ‘Half the Sky’ and The Chosen. The group has been friends for years, originally through church. Today they came to my house, two had food for our freezer and another offered to mail a package for me that I just ran out of steam before I got it done this morning. One of these dear friends has spent hours pruning our apple trees and another has all ready spent hours cleaning up the two front flower beds. I can’t begin to say how blessed I feel as I recover. It is awesome to have friends like this.


My bruises are healing which is a good thing. Bill has named them. Not really, he has just discovered that the shapes look like something: one is a heart and there is another one that he thought looked like T-rex but the nieces said that when you looked at it from another direction it was a parrot. I really do plan on talking to the surgeon before my reversal surgery and asking for some kind of IV line that I am less likely to blow through, these bruises are not a good thing. Having bruises for so long that they take on shape and names in my world is also not a good thing.


What's on my needles:
I bought some yarn. My New Year’s resolution was to knit as much as I can from my stash this year and I have been, really I have. My excuse is I didn’t have anything in my stash to make what I am thinking I need….. I am going to be a vest person for a while. It just helps to cover up the extra lumps and bumps right now and I am way too hot for sweaters. Several times in the last week as I was getting dressed I was wishing I had a red vest. One of the things about hanging out at the yarn shop is that you just see the yarns and the wheels start turning. I wear Chico’s. I wear Chico’s a lot. I have black, dark brown and red slacks and jackets in their sports line called Zenergy. I have the vest in the black and the brown but not the red. Today I found some ribbon yarn that is slightly variegated in shades of red but it will go great with the red slacks. I knew this because I was wearing them. It is going to be a fun knit. The ribbon gets 2 stitches per inch and I am knitting this vest on a size 17 needle. I should be wearing this vest very soon.

What's Cooking?  I am still not ready to cook much.   Thank goodness for the freezer.   I even bought 8 lean cuisine's today because I don't feel a 'cooking spell' coming on at all yet. 

Friday: date night -  We met or 'Friday Night Friends' minus one of the couples, at California Pizza Kitchen.   Dinner @ 5PM and home by 7:30 now there is a recouperating and healing schedule for sure.   We watched a little tv and went to bed at a resonable time.


Grannies Diary (Bobbie Ann Maxwell) 1945 : for a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.


April 29, Sunday – Well a very pretty day and I have two more turkey hens to hatch. Lovie’s hen hatched 16 little fellows and the other one about 18 babies. Well Chy got on me this morning, said I was spoiling Ann. Well I won’t bath Ann any more but I love her so much. Will be hard for me not to pick her up for I sure don’t want to spoil her. I see Bill has a stormy road ahead of him, if he is lucky enough to come home. Well my sunshine came today. Hill, Love and Nan don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have them. They brought steak for dinner. The ‘fuzz’ is still in disgrace since he stole the ham, “little cuss”. Chy has gone home with Lovie, she sure just ought not to have got on to me. Will be a cold day in August when I get over it, don’t guess I ever will. She is a pussy cat with claws. Lovie had a letter from son.



April 30, Monday - Last day of this month and I have enjoyed it for I have had the Chy and Chipper for almost all of this month, I know Bill is so happy to know they are here with us. It sure gets on my nerves to see old RH put on his Sunday face while Chy is here. Oh, yes he is eager to go any place if she wants to go, but if I want to go everything is wrong. I have not gotten over the way he did me up in Cherokee when I wanted to go to the open house party, he fairly threw my books that I took at me and I am human and I have always treated him good when he is sick or at anytime, and if he treated me with any respect I would be a lot different, but as it is I am going to get a way from him, and the children will see a different Mom. Well, we went to Cherokee. I paid my phone bill. Lovie and I, Chy was to tired to go, Chip was tired, Nancy is going to Llano she and Francis Ann to spend the weekend with Mrs Gray Francis grandmother.



No comments: