Thursday, April 22, 2010

9 days out

What’s going on around here? I was getting phone calls from my east coast friends this morning. I really love hearing from friends and family and it isn’t even Christmas. Today I went to my Grandma’s knitting lunch group. It was my first outing and I enjoyed it. It was the first time for me to eat a real normal size meal. From there I came home to await the visiting home nurse.


We are still hunting mice. The count is 13 now and none for 3 days in a row.

Looking back at my hospital stay: This hospital is new and high tech but I want you to look at the photo of the bathroom. The bath room has a shower in it much like one on some boats, but do you see right where the shower head is pointing? Pre wet toilet paper is not such a good thing.


Healing Process and what you may not want to know: (Reader Warning)
*   My throat is still sore where it got scratched when I was intubated from the surgery.

*   Today I had the urge to go to the bathroom, which is odd since that section of my body is supposedly not working now. Low and behold it was and I did. So I called the Dr and she said it was just the last of what was in there working its way out.

*   If you know ahead you are going to have surgery I suggest getting your arms waxed. All that pulling tape on and off would be so much better hairless.

*   For years I have had some form of diarrhea. It has always been my assumption that it was just part of my Addison’s disease. Well I no longer have that and things are moving through just fine. The saying: quantity in quantity out has taken on new meaning. But a silver thread in all of this is that it is awesome not to be running to the bathroom thirty to forty five minutes after every meal.

*   The home visiting nurse came this afternoon: I am not a candidate for her services because I am not home bound. (Nor do I plan to be.) What I want, and need is someone to teach me what to and how to change the part of this ‘system’ that is glued to my body. If you don’t do things correctly bad things can happen. Nurse Jean was very nice she did answer a couple of questions I had and suggested some other possibilities. Hopefully I will work that out tomorrow.


Grannies Diary (Bobbie Ann Maxwell):

April 22, 1945 Sunday – We had what children I have here today and I enjoyed them so very much. Elsie and Tom and the kids got here by10:30 I was surprised that they came so soon. Hill Love and Nan came on over we had a good dinner, sure miss the sons, Ann sure did entertain the folks they loved her all day.

No comments: