Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunny Sunday

What’s going on around here? Sunday April 25, 2010 I am in the ‘night owl’ routine, enjoying the quiet until close to midnight and then sleeping until 7:30 or 8 AM. That won’t work when I am back at work on Tuesday so I am going to try to get back into a better routine, starting tonight.

Today was awesome and beautiful. It got to about 65 degrees and the sky was clear. Bill and I went on a really good walk on the Kirkland waterfront. I knitted on the back porch while he mowed the lawn. See how northwest guys dress when the temperature gets above 60 degrees.

“I am back in the saddle again or at least the kitchen.” Today was the first time I have felt like spending any time in the kitchen at all and tonight we had: turkey and bean tacos, Mexican rice, corn salad and fresh salsa for dinner. Wow it was fun to chop and cook.   I think I have lost about 10 pounds through this and that is a good thing,  especially for my back so I am trying to keep making good choices and maybe loose 10 more pounds,  then I will be back at a good healthy weight.

What's on my needles: My Sasha skirt, I thought this thing would take forever but look at it today. I had just started the waistband when I got sick. The waistband is at the bottom of what I am holding up and I am working on the bottom of the skirt now which is a ruffle.

Have I seen any good movies lately:
Bill and I rewatched “You’ve Got Mail” this afternoon on tv. What a cute movie. It had been years since I had seen it so I had forgotten enough that it made me smile again.

Grannies Diary: (Bobbie Ann Maxwell): for a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.

April 25, Wed – Well Chy got the lovely flowers that Bill had Lovie to order for Chy on their anniversary. God, keep him safe so he will be back to enjoy lots of anniversaries together. Well we got a letter from Gordie. Chy is finishing up her signs they are sure nice. Hill is trying to get Cecil to take his place over here a Mrs Y. Flora and Cecil Carolyn Tom O all came late this eve. Bonnie, Cordell, Lovie, Nan all made paper flowers here this eve. Bonnie had a sore foot. Hilly came by with my ice.

No comments: