Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Day

What’s going on around here?



Healing Process: All is well, I am way more tired in my body than in my brain. My ‘guts’ are still very sore. I am sore around all the laparoscopic ‘holes,’ the drain hole and my other new hole. If I take just one 200mg Advil it seems to keep all the soreness at bay and I move around easier. If I forget, I notice I am a bit whiny and grumpy which I don’t like about myself. So I am doing that 2 to 3 times a day.


What I am sorting? When I have time and am so inclined, which is quite often, I clean sort and organize stuff around the house. I have two different things bugging me right now. One is all the articles and recipes that I have torn out of the magazines I have been reading. Today I divided them into piles like: health, projects, recipes and travel. Some of it was easy to take care of and put in a useful place but the recipes pile is huge and will take more time before I feel like I have managed it properly. The other is a similar problem, knitting patterns. The pile I need to organize and put away is getting of sizable proportion. The good news is I have made a huge dent in the magazine pile.

Just for fun: Leaving notes for Bill: My dear sweet husband. When we were dating, 29 years ago we did lots of talking. One of the things he said to me was that he was not a mind reader and that it was just unfair if I expected him to be or to become a mind reader. He wanted me to communicate clearly and he said it was my responsibility to get his attention and tell him what I wanted. He said that sometimes he might be a little ‘thick’ and that I might have to ‘hit him on the head with a brick to get his attention.’ So over the years, we have never yet run out of things to say to each other and in our own ways we try to communicate with each other as best we can. Growing up my dad would bring my mom coffee in bed in the mornings and I just assumed that was a ‘husband thing’ but my husband wasn’t doing it. On vacations with our ‘Friday night’ friends, Bob was bringing his wife coffee in bed and I was jealous so I mentioned this to Bill and the next morning Bill brought me coffee in bed. Yea! I loved it, so spoiled, such a luxury. When we got home it was all forgotten and the truth is at home the routine is that the routine is different every day. So I worked out this system, to communicate to Bill and he is so wonderful, he really does want to make me happy and show his love for me in ways that make me feel loved. I just thought I would share it with you.

What's Cooking?
Saturday: stopped @ Trader Joes for Greek Salad and added roasted chicken to it.
after dinner I did decide to 'play in the kitchen.'   Can you guess from the photos what I made?  


That's right,  my wild birds get gormet, home cooked bird suet,  with the exception of the bird seed and even it has no shells the stuff is all perfect for human consumption.  Maybe a little high fat.  

What's on my needles:  Here is a photo of the new red vest.   The colorway is called 'lipstick'.  I started it the afternoon of April 29 and I have knitted past the armhole bindoff and am on my way up to the shoulders on the back.



Counting my Blessings:
For the ‘younger’ women in my world who say things like: the new person who did your eyebrows did a much better job than the person who was doing it. Your face is so much more open and wow it made a lot of difference. (Who would have thought, I hardly notice my eyebrows and I wear bangs, I didn’t think anyone could really see them anyway.)


Thought for the day: Something you may or may not know about me. I believe that Jesus was not just a man that lived on this earth at a particular point in time and history. I really do believe that there is a God and he is ‘the son’ part of that God. I also believe that the Holy Spirit is part of that God and that the Holy Spirit is active and working in this world today, along with ‘the son’ and ‘the father.’ I grew up in Texas and I grew up hearing this and believing this. Kind of like Santa, but somewhere along the line I learned that Santa wasn’t real at least not in the way I had originally learned about him. Well that is where I am with God. A lot of what I learned as a child is not what I think and believe now but nothing I have experienced has disproved Him to me. I know lots of my friends and family are on different paths in their spiritual walk/awareness and as I understand God, everyone has freewill and free choice about their beliefs. I am absolutely not about rules in this walk, but there is a verse in the book of Galatians that says: the only thing that matters is faith working through love. (5:6b NET) When you know me on a more personal level I just want you to know that I try to live and act in love, as I, a simple human can. There is lots of teaching about love out there and I am often reading, studying, listening to and thinking about that part of my life. Just an aside: I am a functioning OCD, obsessively organized and I read, think about and look for books and articles that tell me what I can sort, organize, and clean better. So it is with love. Because it is part of me I may be sticking some of that stuff in my blog from time to time.


Grannies’ Diary: Bobbie Ann Maxwell 1945    Grannies Diary (Bobbie Ann Maxwell): for a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.




May 1, Tuesday – Well Dad had his 45 head of sheep sheered this morning. Elsie has come for Chy. Tom A went back to school this morning after his 3 day expelling. Lovie and Elsie came today. Chy and Chip went home with Elsie, sure hated for them to go, but I must not try to keep them with me for that would be impossible. Had a sweet letter from the Gordie and Emma. The Gays came tonite. Mr. Gay came for the mutton that he didn’t send with his others, he sent his bull and Brahma steer and 25 sheep to Fort Worth. I cut Lovie’s pretty dress out that Chy gave her. Lovie cut Nancy’s dress out, the one Chy gave her. The news came over the radio that old Hitler had died. Sure hope he is dead, the old demon.


May 2, Wednesday – Well Chy had a message that Bill was slightly wounded. I pray God, that he will be alright. Elsie and Chy, the Chipper came home. Chy’s mother sent the message to Chy long distance, called here about 10:30 asking for a Clarice Maxwell, and I said no such person here and they meant Clyrene. I still feel like a fool, Lovie came in crying and I knew the message was about Bill. Please God, let him be alright. E had a letter from the Gordie and Em. I sent them a letter and told them that Bill had been wounded. Also sent Bill a letter. Dad and I marked the turkeys, they sure bled. Only got two chicks out of 23 eggs. Mr and Mrs Bowden came tonite. They all ways come when we are in trouble, bless their kind souls, Elsie brought some medicine for my foot. The place I dropped lye on the 4th of April, Bill was wounded the 22 of April. I called Elsie today.


No comments: