Monday, March 1, 2010


First I need to explain that I have alphabet dysfunction. I am a bit OCD or ADHD or some other condition like that, so in the interest of ordering and controlling my world I decided to schedule my time better. I work Tuesdays and Wednesday’s so that’s easy. Tuesday night’s the nieces come over for family dinner, more about that some other time. Wednesday nights I stop by Curves for a work out and run a few errands on the way home. Thursday is my ‘day of rest’; I sleep in a little and knit around, like meet up with friends different places and knit and visit. Friday’s are open for appointments and errands and whatever else needs to be done. Monday’s are my ‘day at home’. That is when I do laundry, pay bills, and cook for the week. In the afternoon I get to Curves and miscellaneous appointments and errands. That all sounds good and certainly organized but in reality it might not be working so well.

Last Monday I did get my desk cleared off, and the laundry done but the cooking…. Oh the cooking. I had a big week ahead and I didn’t finish the cooking until bed time and boy was I tired. I had made a nice dinner for Bill and I; salmon, stir-fried brussel sprouts and a barley pilaf with spinach and feta. For family dinner I had done the slicing and dicing for: Artichoke spread w/ pita chips and Hummus, apple sausages, cauliflower veggie pie in potato crust from Moosewood cookbook, pea pods and peppers stir-fry, and chicken ravioli pasta w/ sauce, just to taste Wednesday’s recipe and as always the chocolate basket is dessert. Wednesday I was cooking dinner for the Teen Center in Redmond and I made the spaghetti sauce on Monday. It was in my very largest pot and I thought it was enough for 50. Ha! They were hungry this month, or the spaghetti was really great. Anyway it was vegetarian sauce and it had tons of onions, carrots, celery, artichokes, peppers, eggplant and white beans for the protein with whole wheat pasta. You can guess the slicing and dicing and cooking for that took a while also. Then Friday we were having our Friday Night Dessert group over for dinner and to observe and play with our grandchildren. On Monday’s cooking I also put together a dozen turkey chili enchiladas for Friday night’s dinner. Bill kept coming in the kitchen and saying, “CeLinda you need to sit down for a while” and I would go knit for a few minutes and then I would be up cooking again. I think I need to plan my weeks better.

This week, it is 10:45AM I am sitting at the desk, the bills are payed, the laundry is done, and there is no cooking to do. Tomorrow Bill is busy and so the nieces and I are going out to dinner in the city. I caught up on lots of paperwork and after lunch I went to Curves for a workout, sold a bag of books back to Half Price Books, picked up some groceries and came home. Dinner tonight is Turkey Masala, Curried potatoes with green peas and steamed rice. The turkey is from the freezer. My newest personal challenge and game is to eat out of the freezers and not to buy more for the freezers until, well for a long time, I think.

No comments: