Monday, June 7, 2010

June 4th – June 7th

What’s going on around here? June 4th – June 7th


Happy Anniversary Suzanne and Glenn

Happy Anniversary Mark & Donna

Happy Birthday Savanna


We had not caught any mice for a while and we got three this weekend so Bill started working on closing the ‘gateway’, a big gapping space under the back door that goes right into the crawl space of the garage.



















I am into the birds that come to our feeders. We are getting lots of birds and they are so fun to watch. They splash in the birdbath and play with each other. This weekend I put up the feeder in the back yard because we are spending more time in the back now also. I cannot begin to tell you how much the birds keep down the bugs especially the mosquitos.





Healing Process: Monday, June 7th is my post surgery colonoscopy to check for healing. Then the Dr. can decide when the reversal surgery will be. The surgeon did the colonoscopy and said all is looking good, I should see him in two weeks in the office again and we will start planning the next surgery. My blood draw from last week showed that my potassium is really really low and so we are upping the prescription meds for that. My liver is back to normal but cholesterol is out of sight because I haven’t taken any of those meds since before surgery, because they can irritate the liver so tomorrow I start my Lipitor again and we are decreasing the prednisone by 1mg. The blood sugar numbers are still not good so we are going to add a drug called metformin. I haven’t read up on it yet but it is something to try before insulin.

Sorting and Organizing: The yarn room is calling. I have 3-ring binders that I keep my knitting patterns in and they are full and I am running out of space for more. I have almost every project I have ever done on paper and in a plastic page protector many of them with a swatch of the yarn I did the project in. I do occasionally go back and look at them for information. But they are really taking up more valuable real estate than they are worth. So as I am thinking this through I have decided to move those notebooks to the attic with my very organized stash. That is a good place for them and it will open up some room on my shelves in the yarn room.





Just for fun: Friday Night/Date Night: We went over to B&K’s house. They had picked up Chinese food, that was awesome. I can’t remember the last time I had egg foo yung but it was delicious and I will be getting it again soon. We also had cashew chicken and some amazing green beans. These are the friends that are getting married in July and so we were looking at the wedding and reception plans. They are going to have a house full of company for the whole event, so they are getting creative in finding places for people to sleep also.

What's Cooking?
Sunday: clear liquids for me…..
Monday: tuna casserole and salad
Tuesday: family dinner: grilled steak and chicken, baked potatoes with all the fixings’ and steamed broccoli.
Wednesday: Stuffed peppers and cabbage salad
Thursday: Bill’s night out
Friday: I will be traveling with girlfriends to a special friend’s birthday party.
Saturday: getting home late this evening

What's off my needles: The Second Ruffle on that skirt. I finished the last bind off stitch just as the Dr walked in to do my ‘procedure’ this morning. (no photos yet)

What I am reading: I am just starting The Orchid Thief. Someone told me to read it because I have an interest in orchids. I wish I had more space for them, if I did I would really go crazy I think. Right now I only have one, my family sent it to me in the hospital and it is taking up all the available space. This is like a fake novel around fascinating information about orchids. If you are into orchids at all it is really interesting.

Have I seen any good movies lately: While I was homebound, cleaning my colon, I watched two Netflix’s; one was a documentary on Abraham Lincoln. It was very interesting, I have forgotten so much that I once learned in history classes. The other was a ‘comedy’ and pretty foul so I am not repeating the title. You know when a movie is going to be bad when the previews of other movies are gross, disgusting or otherwise offensive and that was true for this one. Bill and I discussed this as we kept fast forwarding through the previews. Okay, okay, so you will know what not to watch it was ‘Good Luck Chuck’.

My thoughts for the day: I am starting an online book discussion with a few friends. The book is: Respectable Sins, Confronting the Sins We Tolerate by Jerry Bridges . There is lots of information online if you are curious. We are going to do it through another private blog and if you are interested in participating just send me an email and I will add you to that list.

celindakot@gmail.com




Grannies’ Diary: Bobbie Ann Maxwell 1945: For a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.


June 4th – Monday We had 2 letters from Bill and one from the Son. First we have had from Son in over a month. Dad was planting Maize out here and he called me to come and look at a thing floating in the air. It was an awful looking thing shaped like a shark and was shiny like tin. Kinda have a bit of the tummy ache. I ate okra, mustard greens, and preserves for dinner. My baby chicks are supposed to come in tomorrow. Doris told Mrs. Gay to tell us that they were having the recital at the Methodist Church tonite.


June 5th – Tuesday We had a letter each from Son, Bill, Chy and we were glad to hear from them. I called Lovie and had them bring me ice, bread and turkey meal. Dad is planting the west field in Maize. Lovie said that Mrs. Burke had carried Billie Louise to the Dr Pense and he sent Billie L. to the hospital. He said if she wasn’t better by morning they would take her to the Temple hospital. Sue hope she is better. Bill said his foot was doing okay.


June 6th – Wednesday Well I don’t know how Billie Louise is as I called Mrs. Brown and she said no call had come in how she was. I had a sweet letter from the Bill and he is fine so he says. Mrs. Gay came this evening with Lester as Lester wanted to ride old Charley to get his Dads ? out of Esteps so Mr. Gay could ship some to Ft. Worth. Mrs. Barber called me and said for Dad to have his up tomorrow eve. Mrs. Gay had me cut Lester a shirt out. I got my baby chicks from Sears today and was supposed to get 50 from colonial Farm. I bathed the dogs and cats this eve for fleas. I built fences this morning. I am sure tired tonite.




June 7th – Thursday Well Dad sent two steer calves to Ft Worth this eve. Mr Gay sent 3 head. Lovie, Hilly and Nan all came by and ate supper tonite. I have lost 2 of my baby chicks all ready. Dad is building the fence up at the east field so my turks will have a place to run. Billie Louise is some better so Mr. Burke told Nancy. I am having so trouble with my old tummy but I am out of medicine.


No comments: