Friday, June 4, 2010

June 1st – June 3rd

What’s going on around here? June 1st – June 3rd



Healing Process: I am feeling fine and pretty much back to my normal schedule except that in my spare time I am sleeping a lot. Usually I can’t even think of sleeping in the day time but lately instead of sitting around and knitting I have actually be laying down and going fast to sleep. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday I had lunch with the ‘knitting grandma’s’ and then came home and slept the afternoon away so there is just not much to report this time.

What's up at the dental office? Xylitol: look it up in Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/      Xylitol this is good, accurate information. It is getting easier to find Xylitol in stores but often it isn’t in the quantity that impedes the bacteria. There is a good website to purchase Xylitol products from. I have purchased hard candy, and the chocolate caramels and the chocolate covered coconut (yumm) and even the vanilla sweetener to add to coffee. If you want to check it out go to:

http://www.drjohns.com/       If you do decide to purchase anything use my promotion code: PIPK34M68 to save 7.5% on; your purchase.    

I have eaten lots of the candy with no problems but when we made kool-aid and sweetened it with straight Xylitol it did affect my gastrointestinal system. So be warned, don’t overdo it, unless you are interested in doing a colon cleanse as well.




Grannies’ Diary: Bobbie Ann Maxwell 1945: For a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.

June 1st – Friday Well it tried to rain this morning. I repacked Chy’s things Bill sent her also put in her boots and the knife and fork Nancy gave Ann some time ago. Lovie came with Nancy this evening. She asked me to go over and milk Bright Eyes as they were going to a big to do at Tom’s Cabin. Nancy is with us tonight. Didn’t hear from any of the children today. I wish Son would write. I sat down on the floor yesterday and my tail is almost broken. I thought I was going to sit down on a chair but missed it.


June 2nd – Saturday Well Nancy and I cooked dinner; had snap beans, potatoes. Lovie called and said she had a letter from Bill from El Paso. Dad and I and Nancy and Frank all went to Cherokee. I paid my phone bill for May. Mr. and Mrs. Bowden came for more beans and I gave her a mess of carrots and a cabbage head. Saw Tom A, Sloan Pool and Jymmie’s grasshopper in Cherokee this evening. Tom A came and spoke to me. He is so sweet. I shipped Chy’s box of things Bill sent her off this evening, it cost $1.07. Sure hope she gets it pretty soon. Saw and talked to Mrs. Groves Kurkendall this evening and she is so sad over not hearing from her son Jim who is missing in action over Yugoslavia. I pray God she hears something. How my heart aches for her.


June 3rd – Sunday I cooked a pot of snap beans, potatoes, cabbage, beets and carried them over and ate dinner with Lovie and Hilly, Nancy, Cecil and Flora came while we were there, Dad and I left pretty soon.

No comments: