Monday, May 24, 2010

Friday May 21 – Monday May 24, 2010

What’s going on around here? Friday May 21 – Monday May 24, 2010

Healing Process: I think things are going well. I can put my shoes on, bending down, without any pain, which is big progress. I walked almost 5 miles today, that is good also.

Sorting and Organizing: turned into remodeling since Bill was out of town. So funny, I talked to my cousin Jan in California and he asked about my sweetie. I said he had been out of town for a few days. Then Jan said, so what did you remodel? I laughed out loud and said what makes you think I am up to something? Jan said: I know your ‘MO’. How funny is that? As it turns out I picked the back bathroom. A small project on the scale of projects and Amanda, my niece, had volunteered to help. In the end it was a big success.



What's Cooking?
Monday: Lentil Soup
Tuesday: family dinner: crock pot turkey meatloaf, crock pot ranch potatoes, mashed cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and pancetta, southern green beans, Italian salad and of course the chocolate basket.
Wednesday: Salmon, steamed aspargus and sweet potatoes
Thursday: Bill’s night out
Friday: date night

What's on my needles: I am still madly working on ruffle #2 and I have a goal. We have friends getting married in July and I think I will wear this skirt to the wedding. I need to find a top that will work with it, but I am so loving working on this skirt.

Have I seen any good movies lately: We watched ‘Old Dog’s’ last night, I laughed a lot but there were some dry spots too. I am glad it was a Netflix.

Thought for the Day: Matthew 25:35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me, the righteous will answer him…… I just want to thank those of you who have blessed me in so many ways the past weeks. I cannot tell you how much it has meant to me. Thank you. I am really glad I made it through this crisis and am looking forward to the future.



Grannies’ Diary: Bobbie Ann Maxwell 1945: For a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.


May 21, Monday – Well I am blue tonight as Chy had two letters from the Bill Boy and he said he wouldn’t get to come home. I can hardly take it. Kitten called from Llano and she wanted Chy to come and stay with her a while and she said Son might get to come home. I am so happy to even think about him getting to come home. Cecil bought the little place over here. Frank says he can do as he pleases now. Hilly and Lovie came by and brought our groceries. No letters from the girls. Doris came by and Dad bought a bond. The Chipper is so sweet. Nancy and Chy are on a diet, hope it works. Mrs. Smith sent me 5 tomato plants. Mack Jr. went after Velma today but Mary is doing OK so far. Mr. B borrowed my vaccinating needle.


May 22, Tuesday – Well Chy had two letters from the Bill Boy and the box of things; the rich table cloth and rabbit fur coat a gold horseshoe, said he might get to come home but that he had given up hope poor kid. The Chipper and I took a walk this evening. I had 10 more baby turks to hatch, Mr. and Mrs. B brought me some tomato plants, Lovie and Hilly came by with the ice, and brought us some beans, cantaloupes and tomatoes. Chy had a letter from her mother, said they might come for her around the first. Lord I hate for Chy and Chipper to leave. I don’t want to think about them not being here, the sweet Little Chipper. We had a letter from Emma, said she found her slip in her purse, ha.ha. The Brownies are innocent this time.


May 23, Wednesday – Well Chy had another letter from Bill, he still doesn’t know whether he will get to come home or not. Dad went to town took off 3 old turkey hens, brought $18.50. He left the pickup there to be worked on. Kathleen came out and got Chy and Ann. Sure miss them. Ann quarreled all day today, I don’t think she feels well. Chy had to rock her last night about 1:30. We were invited to a fish fry down to the Damon Houston old place, Mrs. Gay sure wanted us to come but had no way, Nancy went to Cherokee and spent the day playing with Billy Louise, she went with her Dad and Mom tonite.


May 24th, Thursday – Well Elsie came today and I went back to the store and stayed with she and Lovie this evening, Elsie had to leave at 2 o’clock. A call came in at 8 o’clock this morning for Chy and I told them to call her at Llano the last I knew they had not reached her, so I called Lovie and told her to send a card to her. I sure wanted to go and tell her but I had no way. I bought a rug at Miss Melissa’s, gave $3.10 for it. Mrs. Burke was going to see Dorothy as she was taking a treatment for her womb. Hilly and Lovie did a good trade today. Nancy won’t stay with me the little scamp.

No comments: