Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wednesday May 25 – May 27th

What’s going on around here? Wednesday May 25 – May 27th


All is going pretty well at our house; I worked Tuesday and Wednesday and had a great time with all my patients, as usual. One of the couples that we spend Friday nights with is leaving town on vacation and so I called and asked if they wanted to join us for Family dinner since I am assuming their fridge would be as empty as mine before we leave town. Family dinner is usually different from 'normal cooking' for most people. For one it is mostly vegetables and lots of them and different kinds, hence the mashed cauliflower, stir-fried Brussels sprouts and green beans and a big salad, but no one went home hungry.

Healing Process: It is going. I am still quite tired. Tuesday night I was in bed and asleep by 8:45 and didn't wake up until after 6 this morning. I have had a stiff neck and a bad headache that has nothing to do with anything except it is annoying. Bill suggests it is from the extra physical activity of the home improvement project last weekend. I did do two coats of paint under the bathroom sinks.

Just for Fun: I am so looking forward to Friday Morning. Carl, my first husband and good friend, and I are going for a ride in the ‘Flying Fortress’ a WWII B-17. It will be about a 30 minute flight, when in the air you get to walk around the Bomber, sit as a bombardier, stand as a waist gunner and monitor activity like the flight engineer might have. Check it out at: http://www.b17.org/ Of course they sell memorabilia so I looked for knitting bags, no but they did have a messenger bag – not the same. No tape measures, my favorite thing to collect, since I usually keep one in every project bag. Wouldn’t it be cool to have a tape measure with a photo of the B-17 on it? I could get a charm for my charm bracelet but it has so many charms on it now that I hardly ever wear it. So I think I will just take some photos and add them to my blog and call that my memory.

What's up at the dental office? That staff is so much fun, one day we ordered pizza delivery and the next day Dr V got a subway sandwich platter for us to eat during a staff meeting. You know I always like a party. We are changing our ‘standard of care/ advice’ and recommending fluoride treatments for all adult patients. Some insurance pays for it and others don’t but in both the offices I work in they want to at least offer the best care we know to offer. My new favorite line is: we used to say fluoride was only for children to age 16 or so, now we think fluoride is only good for people with teeth – that don’t want cavities.

What's Cooking?
Thursday: Bill’s night out
Friday: date night
Saturday:       Memorial Day Holiday Weekend
Sunday:         looks like 50’s and showers
Monday:   would love to get in a hike or some kayaking, but most likely rest.

What I am reading: I am in the process of finishing Sara Palin's book this week. I wanted to have it fresh in my mind for 'book club' on Friday. You know I am beginning to think reading biographies more is a good thing. I was so impressed when I read Barack Obama’s ‘Audacity of Hope’, it was such a different story than I got from the media and the same is true for this book. I ‘read’ both of these by audio and they were both read by the authors, so hearing each of these stories in first person voice gave them a little more credibility. I am glad I read both of these books.

Counting my Blessings:
My long time friend Rachel: sent me the most beautiful greeting this week. She is a scrap booker extraordinaire. I originally dedicated this blog to her because of our ‘pen pal’ relationship for 25 years. Getting a letter from Rachel was like getting a work of art from her heart. Over the years we have cried together, laughed together, prayed together all in written form and I loved it. When a letter from Rachel came I knew to brew a cup of tea and get comfortable because it would be 6 to 9 handwritten pages of good stuff, and I tried to answer in kind. I wanted my blog to be something like my letters to Rachel.

Megan, the newest angel, in my life. I met Megan this year when she interned in one of the dental offices I work in. She is the artist that created my logo, the happy tooth chef that is knitting on a stack of books. I should have thought to have that happy tooth sitting in a kayak, or maybe not. Megan has finished the dental assisting program that she was in and is still looking for a job, but she is eager and wants to be busy. One day on Facebook she mentioned that she was doing yard work at her grandmother’s. I wrote back and said yard work, do you do yard work? Here are a couple of photos of the amazing results.  There is absolutely no way I could have done this.







Grannies’ Diary: Bobbie Ann Maxwell 1945: For a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.


May 25th, Friday – Well Kathleen, Chy and the Chipper got home O.K. and Bill called from New York, We all cried for joy he is going to call Chy tomorrow, God bless him. The dear good God in heaven is watching over him. Kitten says Son is sure blue. I really think he will get to come home pretty soon. Lovie and Hilly came by to see the sweet Chipper and brought my turkey. Dad will have the oats combined tomorrow, I worked today.


May 26th, Saturday – Well Hilly and Lovie came by for Dad and Chy, Nancy and I took care of Chipper and boy we had fun. She is so sweet. Dad went after his pick-up. It cost $33 and he had $20 worth of work done on it last week. Chy talked to Bill and he is coming to a hospital somewhere, he won’t know until tomorrow. Dad had his oats combined cost $16. No letter from the Son. Lovie called Kathleen to tell her that Bill was in N.Y. and Marge was to call Elsie. I fixed dinner for Mr. Gay, Clarence Light, Frank and Dad. Also ironed. Nancy helped me, she is so sweet, Chipper wanted to help too. Chy went to town in Lovie’s car, she and Dad and Chy talked to Bill from San Saba Drug store.


May 27th Sunday – Well Elsie, Tom, Tom A, Lovie, Nancy were all here today. Jymmie wanted to come, but she had to attend the Baccalaureate sermon for the seniors, sure missed her. Margie went to the Hospital this morning sure hope she does O.K. and that she has a girl. Mr. Bowden was thrown off his horse this evening. We went down to see them tonight. Chy and Chipper didn’t go as Chipper had to go to bed. She was so sweet today. Elsie and Lovie sure did love her, and she just loved them right back. Sure hope we hear from her daddy Bill tomorrow and that he is sent to a hospital here close. Hope we hear from Son, and the girls. Elsie said Albert was coming in pretty soon, sure hope he does. Nancy went over to Floras to see Doris Lee, and Doris Lee came over here to see Nancy.

No comments: