Monday, November 1, 2010

October 26th – November 1st

On Health and Healing: what can I do or be for anyone else if I haven’t taken care of me.

What's Cooking?
Tuesday: family dinner: Indian; Chicken Masala, curried peas and potatoes, steamed rice pilaf, stir-fry cabbage w/ coconut and peach crisp bread

Wednesday: Chinese chicken Salad w/ roasted chicken, almonds and chow mein noodles

Thursday: Bill’s night out; I had Trader Joe’s pizza

Friday: date night (Lunch) @ Greenlake Bar and Grill

Saturday: tilapia, cabbage salad and sweet potato fries.

Sunday: turkey meatloaf, baked Yukon gold’s and green beans

Monday: salmon patties, asparagus and baked Yukon gold’s.

On Life and Living:    Just for fun:    Sorting and Organizing:

Sight, Sounds and Smells: It is definitely fall. We have had wind, and rain and sun breaks all week. The rain was so heavy at times the weather person called it a ‘river in the sky’. You could see it on the weather maps coming from Hawaii and headed straight for us. Aunt Jeanne says it has been totally windy in southern California. She said that is the one type of weather she really hates. Mom Avo hated that wind, in the desert also.

What's up at the dental office? We had a team training day on Monday and a team meeting on Wednesday at lunch. I have the job of making the reservations for our Christmas party. Mostly we all want an exact repeat of last year, we had a great dinner and the setting was perfect. The team wants a repeat performance. I hope it is. Then I worked this Saturday also. I can’t say how much I look forward to work, even when I am tired.

In the news: Tomorrow are the political elections for this year. Oh, I am so tired of the ads on television and the phone calls to the house and the signs on the road. Does all that really help anyone decide who to vote for?

Tuesday October 26th: got off work about an hour early so I came home and took an hour nap before I started cooking (heating) family dinner. I did most of the cooking last night. Debbie Y. called while we were eating and I excused myself and took the call. I had been missing her and thinking about her so it was nice to hear her voice. We have decided to get web cams so that we can knit together. My new computer that we got yesterday does have a web cam and so I will have to learn how to use it.

Wednesday October 27th: a full day of patients and too tired to run any errands. I came home and took all the garbage to the end of the road, did a couple of loads of clothes, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher again. Bill did a Costco run on the way home and when he got home we put away stuff and then I mixed up a nice salad for dinner.

Thursday October 28th: slept good last night but woke up stiff and sore. I am looking forward to starting to exercise again. I say the physical therapist this afternoon. My exercise to take home is to roll my eyes. If you roll your eyes in just the right way you can train yourself to be aware of certain neck muscles. The PT’s observation was that my neck is a mess which may have caused some of the other problems. I did a lot of chores around the house today and the day flew by.

Friday October 29th: We each did a few chores around the house and then we met B&C for lunch. It was great to meet at lunch, I went home and about 3 took a 3 hour nap. I tell you I am still sleeping a lot.

Saturday October 30th: I worked all day and then came home and knitted for a couple of hours and we watched the second disk of the “Long Way Round.” What and adventure even if I am not the one on the motorcycle.

Sunday November 31st: No Halloween at our house and all the kids were busy. I never even buy candy because we just eat it in the week after Halloween. Bill and I went to see “Hereafter.” It is a story about three people who have experienced mortality in different ways. I was wondering how they were ever going to bring the story together, when they did the movie ended, that was just wrong, I wanted more. A lot more I think.

Monday November 1st: I met BK in Bellevue and we gave Cindy her gift. Bill wanted to give her something special because they have worked together so well and supported each other so much. So I knitted her a hat and scarf. I think she really liked it. It looked great on. I did some cooking after that and put a couple of things in the freezer and got ready for family dinner. Then I had an appointment to see my dermatologist and after that physical therapy for my shoulder. The dermatologist is going to do a small surgery on my hand. I have had a ‘sore’ for about 6 weeks that has not healed, he is going to remove it. He said it could be a skin cancer but it is not something to worry about. Physical therapy turns out to be more of a caution – what you shouldn’t do yet than anything about pushing on. So I got some basic stretches and will go back on Thursday. He said I can’t go to Curves for another month or two to let this heal. That is looking like January now, if nothing else happens.

On being Productive, experiencing Pleasure and Living Positive

What's on my needles: I am still working on that skirt, I took the lighest grey ruffle off and I am making headway on the black ruffle at the bottom. I am also  working on a cardigan for Savanna for Christmas, pink of course. This one is knit from the bottom up; you make the back, two front panels and two sleeves then you start knitting them all together and the yoke is done in the round. I am liking it, I sure hope it fits. Right now I am on the second sleeve and have not started the yoke yet.

What's off my needles: I finished the blue seaside cover-up, but no photos yet, it is raining like crazy and I just haven’t gotten any photos taken. It is a little longer than I really wanted but I think it is going to be okay.

What I am reading; magazine, book: I am almost finished with Ann Packer’s “Songs Without Words.” It is the story of a lifelong friendship between two women and the power of the friendships we create when we are young. I have been thinking of Debbie Y so much as I read this book. Boy she sure has always been there for me.

Have I seen any good movies lately: Bill and I saw ‘Hereafter” yesterday. He said he thought it was going to be more ethereal from looking at the previews. I thought it ended way too soon. So soon it left me a bit confused. If you see it I would love your opinion.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting me. I would love to hear from you also so drop me a line at : or my personal email address if you have it.

Grannies’ Diary: Bobbie Ann Maxwell 1945: For a few years now my grandmother’s (my mom’s mother) diaries have been sitting on a bookshelf above my desk. Now that others are reading this, I think I will take things from her diary and tell you what was happening at her farmhouse also. I have started with the first complete looking diary and the year is 1945. I am telling her story, in her words as best I can.

Friday October 26th - Well I sold my turkey hens for $6.50 this morning. I called Mrs. Lewis and she told me I didn’t have any word. Guess I have as much word as she has where a dollar is concerned. Boy, she will sure paint me black but I called her and told her what I was going to do and she still wouldn’t give me $6 – the old tight wade. Ann has just walked up. Chy, Bill, and Frank have gone to town. Chy has a letter from her mother. I sent the checks in for Gordy to deposit tomorrow. I sent the checks in by Bill and Chy as they were going to the football game. Edgar light owes Bill for 3.5 days work and he owes dad for 2.5 days work.

Saturday, October 27th – Well, dad has gone to help Light. Clarence and Bill are helping Mr. Smith with his corn from the creek. Well, well Tom, Albert, and Frank all came by this evening to invite Chy and Bill to a ham supper at Franks tonight. Albert sure looks good but is so changed. Gee, but I was glad to see him. Chy and Bill have gone up to Lovie’s and Hilly’s. Nancy called saying they were going to the midnight show. Mrs. Gay called me and said Mr. Alex had a baby pig for me. So, dad went up after him, but he is mighty poorly as he won’t stand up. I couldn’t go as Ann was asleep. Albert thought Ann was the stuff. And of course we do too. We washed some this evening.

Sunday, October 28th – Well we had a lovely day. All the children were here but Son and family. But he would not have been here even if he was in the states. Albert came but he is so changed. Ann was the center of attraction. We all had such a nice time. But I can afford to say that as I’d do anything but clean the chicken and made the rolls and corn bread. We paid Albert $65 for the $850 he loaned us when dad was sick. My pig is still alive but awful poorly. Wants to stay on one side all the time. Elsie washed the dishes. Lovie, Emma and Chy fixed the dinner.

Monday, October 29th – Well, nothing much today. Bill went to see Allen W. Dad went to help Mr. Gay haul in the rest of his hay this morning Then, he and dad, and Mrs. Gay all went to San Saba. Mr. Gay sent me down two more baby pigs but the first one died. It never could get up. Mrs. Gay went to see her new ice box. The dealers will bring it out tomorrow. Gee, but I know she is proud of it.

Tuesday, October 30th – Well, nothing doing today. I ironed. Chy and Bill and Ann all went to Cherokee. The Burt Mc came for Mrs. Gay’s turkeys. Took 13 of Mrs. Smith’s. Mrs. Lewis got Mrs. B, Mrs. J, Shelly Fay’s turkeys this morning. My other little pig died. Just have one left. Old Tipper cut two of our goats throats Sunday. I’d sure like to kill him. Bill and Mr. Gay have gone buck hunting tonight.

Wednesday, October 31st – Well, our precious little Ann burned her little arm this morning. Bill, Chy, and Ann all went to Cherokee this evening and the girls all ran over to Llano to shop, Emma got Ann the sweetest little dress. Mr. Brown came and fixed my phone. I can ring Cherokee now. My little pigs all died. Bill helped Hilly this evening. Gee, I’m in real debt. I owe Hilly $8.95.

Thursday, November 1st – Well, another month has gone by. The Bill and dad have gone to gather pecan out at Gray’s. And Chy and I have washed. Chy started the Maytag. Well, I got my glasses this evening. I sure was glad to get them. Dad and Bill gathered about 55 pounds of pecans. Made $2.60 a piece. Mr. and Mrs. Gay came tonight and brought me two more nice baby pigs. And Bill and Mr. Gay went hunting tonight.

No comments: