Friday, December 31, 2010



On Life and Living: Dec 14 - 20,  2010



Tuesday December 14th: worked @ RR today and the schedule is packed, now everyone wants to see the dentist before the end of the year. Why didn’t they think about that in October? Besides these patients are crazy…. I had someone today who wanted only the ultrasonic scaler, the one that sprays in a ton of water, only they didn’t want the suction at all, they just wanted to swallow all that water. I would have drowned, but I aim to please. Then this afternoon I had someone who confessed that they brush a couple of times a month. Yikes, I earned my salary on that one. We cancelled family dinner this month because of everyone having crazy schedules and now I am sorry. I miss the girls and I miss sharing my holiday decorations and using my Christmas dishes.

Wednesday December 15th: worked @ RR and there was not a minute to breath, a precious one to me had some surgery today and I have been praying all day. Every so often I would check my texts to see how things were going and although they were running very late but all went well. From work we all went together to PF Chang's in Bellevue (http://www.pfchangs.com/Locations/LocationDetail.aspx?sid=3700&checked=1 ) for the office Christmas party. I had made the reservation and I went in to the restaurant in person to talk to the manager because we wanted a window seat just like last year. I confirmed the reservation myself and confirmed the window table. Then that afternoon they called me to confirm and I again made sure we were getting a window table. Then when we got to the restaurant they tried to seat us in the middle of the restaurant, not even close to a window. As you can guess this did not set well with me. The reason I wanted the window table was because of the "parade" in Bellevue. Each evening in December, at 7pm is a Toyland type parade and it "snows" and there is music. Last year we had a window table and the whole thing was so much fun to watch during our dinner. We did finally get a table on the window row but most of it was next to a wall and I choose to sit by the wall because we had a couple of new people that I wanted to be able to see the parade well. The food was delicious and at least that was predictable. At the end of the evening the manager came over to apologize and ask us how he could make up for the confusion. Nancy the other hygienist said she was coming next week with her family and had also requested a window table and he said he would leave a note for the other manager and make sure that it would happen. We shall see, but my impression is that customer service is really lacking in the reservation department. So if you counting on something special I suggest you choose a different restaurant .



Thursday December 16th: I am still wrapping presents and the yarn room looks like Santa's Toyland or a disaster happened in there. I had physical therapy this afternoon and I know I am making real progress now. This afternoon I went to Trader Joes for groceries and took food to my friend that had surgery and the family to last for a few days. I am really enjoying Bill at home. We are enjoying each other’s company a lot. We are not necessarily getting more things done. I am so far behind in copying Grannies diary. I keep hoping to catch up but so far extra time has not fallen into my life. Maybe a snow day?



Friday December 17th: No snow today. Cold, but no snow. I had coffee w/ Leah at Starbucks. It was so nice to visit with her. She has two boys that are really turning into young men and she is a fabulous knitter. This afternoon the book club met at Whole Foods market and visited for about 3 hours and it was not enough. We exchanged Christmas gifts and three hours later we were still talking and I had to leave. I have been knitting a lot; hand warmers, hats, scarves, and other gifts so we have been watching television a lot too. We are watching a television series through Netflix called Doc Martin. We started with Season 1 and have watched each episode all the way through. Taken from Wikipedia: Doc Martin is a British television comedy drama starring Martin Clunes. It was created by Dominic Minghella, and is filmed on location in and around the fishing village of Port Isaac, Cornwall, United Kingdom. Clunes plays (fictional) Portwenn's local GP, Martin Ellingham, a brilliant and highly successful London surgeon until he developed haemophobia (an extreme fear of blood) that prevented him performing operations. After retraining as a GP, he applied for a post in the sleepy Cornish village of Portwenn, where he had spent childhood holidays with his aunt.

Much of the show's humor revolves around Ellingham's interactions with the local Cornish villagers. Despite his surgical brilliance, Ellingham lacks vital social skills and any semblance of a bedside manner, and often fails to understand other people. Dr Ellingham (referred to as "Doc Martin" by the friendly locals), much to his disgust, finds the surgery is in disarray, the medical equipment is beyond repair, and the patients’ records are a mess. He also inherits an incompetent receptionist, Elaine Denham, who resents Doc Martin's moving in; this character is replaced by Pauline Lamb in the second series.

Martin is joined by a cast which includes Stephanie Cole as his aunt, Joan Norton, who provides him with emotional support in the face of the disquiet among the villagers. Caroline Catz plays opinionated primary school teacher (later headmistress) Louisa Glasson. Doc Martin is attracted to her, but finds himself unable to express this. Louisa appears to share this mutual attraction, but finds their personalities often too different, while she is caring and nurturing (particularly occupationally), Martin is emotionally detached and at times neurotic. We have enjoyed the whole series immensely but you really do need to start in the beginning and watch in order the stories really do build on each other.



Saturday December 18: Christmas with Tamara, Todd and the girls. We had a great time. Halie loved the hat I knit for her and Hannah wanted one too so on the way home we stopped at the yarn shop and I picked up purple yarn for Hannah. They gave us Husky t-shirts and sweatshirts and we both put them on and didn’t take them off the rest of the day. Bill took me to “Five guys – burgers and fries” for lunch. They really do make a very good hamburger and I love a good hamburger. Bill liked the fries.



Sunday December 19th: I guess the season gets to everyone because I had a little crying spell today. I forgot to count my blessings for a bit and was dwelling on the "I want's". Mostly I was pouting because as things have happened this year, we are going to everyone else's for holiday events and not having any here, because of that I didn't decorate much but I like decorating and using my Christmas dishes and it is just more fun to share that with others. Maybe next year I will plan better for me.



Monday December 20th: Walked with JoAnn, I am all ready missing her and she doesn't leave for Florida for a week. I came home for lunch with Bill. He makes the best tuna salad and I love tuna salad. Then there were some errands to run; shopping at Fred Meyer, notes to deliver and packages to mail and more physical therapy for my arm. I am making progress every day.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me.  I would love to hear from you also so drop me a line at :  celindakot@yahoo.com    or my personal email address if you have it. 

No comments: