Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy New Year

I know it is the beginning of February but because this is my very first entry in this blog and also the subject of this entry I decided that is a fitting title.

I have been listening to several podcast lately and several of them have mentioned setting knitting goals for 2010. So here goes, some knitting goals: (possibilities) knit from my stash more, (oops, I bought yarn in January so that can't be retroactive, and it is not an absolute that is for sure.) Thinking of my niece who is hoping to knit a sweater a month, I think I will try to finish 6 sweaters this year. Also I want to learn a new technique or take on a project that challenges my skills this year. That sounds like some reasonable goals.

I had some personal goals at the beginning of the year and I will mention them as well. 1) make the healthiest choices for myself; time management, exercise, food, emotional. To me this means that I need to think about the choices before I jump. 2) Each year older I get I think about the influence I have or the 'footprints' I am leaving behind. So this goal is to try and make the choices and be involved in or spend my energy on the things that will make a positive difference in the lives of my family, my local community and friends and some how choose something to be involved in that can make some kind of difference globally

No comments: